There are a variety of shallow house reefs which are only a short swim from the directly in front of the dive centre.
From the moment you enter the water, rays & cuttlefish can be seen while swimming over the sand on to the reef which is home to many fish species, a variety of shy sharks, octopus and an abundance of macro life including sea spiders and nudibranchs. One can also get surprised by a Ragged Tooth Shark or two appearing through one of the gullies during the summer months.
THE DIVE SITES:
- Redbait Reef: Depth: 6–9m
Redbait Reef is Plettenberg Bay’s house reef, is a delightful introduction to the area and conditions. Juvenile reef fish, cuttlefish and shysharks are regularly spotted amongst the colourful anemones, urchins and sponges. Easily accessible from the shore this site offers lots of natural light for photography and is suitable for beginners.
- Shallow Blinders: Depth: 10–13m
A short swim from the shore in Plettenberg Bay lies a trio of pinnacles that is a photographer’s paradise! This large reef is home to many fish species and is a nursery in the summer months. Summer also brings the ragged-tooth sharks to this reef; however pajama sharks, leopard sharks and puffadder shy sharks are spotted all year round. Sightings of rays, cuttlefish and boxfish on the swim out are common and nudibranchs, octopus, sea spiders and scorpion fish inhabit the reef itself, making it ideal for macro photography.
- The Wall: Depth: 10–13m
As part of the Blinders reef, The Wall is worth the slightly further swim. Rising from 10m to just below the surface and covered in many species and colours of soft coral – Strawberry Anemones share space with Blue Choirboys, Orange Wall Sponge and Multi-Colour Coral, painting a dramatic underwater landscape.
- You will be met on arrival by our experienced dive guide who will sign you in and assist with fitting your scuba & snorkel gear (changing rooms and lockers are available on site)
- Once you are all kitted up we will receive a full dive briefing from your dive guide
- Thereafter we enter by shore for a short swim to our dive site for a 45 minute relaxing dive
- On arrival back at Pro Dive our facilities include changing rooms and shower facilities where can freshen up after your your amazing dive experience
Good to know
- Open Water Diver / Discover Scuba Diving course compulsory in order to join
- Meet 45 minutes prior to your dive time
- Guide (PADI Divemaster)
- Note: Gear hire rates are quoted per day & not per dive
- Soft gear hire only (wetsuit, mask, snorkel & Fins): R200
- Scuba gear hire only (BCD & regulator): R200
- Tank & weightbelt: R150
- Full gear hire: R490
- Diving gear (if you have your own)
- It is essential to bring along your Dive certification card / logbook to verify your qualification
- If you are not carrying these items & are a PADI certified diver, to avoid disappointment please contact us ahead of time so that we can verify your certification on the PADI website
- Swimming costume
Looking for more of the best tours, activities and experiences?
I was a first time diver and took my training at the Pro Dive Center in Plettenberg Bay. I had an amazing instructor Cassandra. She was so patient with me and even helped me overcome my water anxiety from previous water related trama. All the staff was very understanding and let me progress at my own pace and always made me feel comfortable and like I had real support to get me through the process. I was able to complete my dive certification and do 4 short dives, 3 shore dives and one boat dive with the sea lions. It truly was an amazing experience and I cant thank Cassandra enough for all her hard work and efforts to make my dream of learning how to scuba dive a success and reality. I highly recommend this dive center for anyone that wants supportive and attentive instructors that make the process comfortable.
Great experience, such awesome diving. Special thanks to Nikki who was super cool and made it really enjoyable. Really looking forward to diving here again!
Thank you Michelle and team for this fantastic experience, it was truly unbelievable. Special thanks to Daniël, Aldo and Nikky for your patience and teaching us all the skills needed to qualify for Open Water 1. We enjoyed the fun dive with the seals tremendously and will surely be back in 2020 to do more dives with you, perhaps even join you on a tour to the Red Sea! :-)
I went snorkeling with pro dive today,the entire team was absolutely amazing and professional , my guide was dillon, if I could I would give him a 10star rating in particular for being patient while I got used to the water etc
Light Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 24 hours before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 24 hours before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.